Man On The Street
by Leo L. Schwab
This is a direct and shameless ripoff of an ad for MGA televisions, seen
roughly ten years sgo.
Exterior day. Busy urban city street. WORKER wearing hardhat is
jackhammering the street. Well-dressed INTERVIEWER enters view.
- (over jackhammer) Excuse me, sir? Sir? (jackhammer stops) What do
you do for a living?
- (dripping sarcasm) I'm a brainsurgeon.
Cut to wider shot of INTERVIEWER with WORKER. In the foreground is a
table holding several (three?) objects each covered with a black cloth.
Attending to these objects is a stereotypically scantily-clad female
- Well, we'd like you to help us illustrate a point by choosing the
interactive entertainment system you like most.
- (pointing) That one.
- (to camera, oblivious) ...Proving that you don't need
to be an electronics engineering wizard to know our system is best.
- (impatiently pointing) That one!
ASSISTANT removes veil from chosen machine.
- (squinting, reading slowly) Three - dee - oh.
- That's correct.
- (confused) "Three do?"
- Er, the 3DO Interactive Multiplayer. The most advanced interactive home
entertainment system in the known universe.
- What's the heck's a Three-do?
Fade to black.
Copyright © 1996 Leo L. Schwab. All Rights Reserved.
Leo L. Schwab / Digital Spellweaver /