Bum On The Street
by Leo L. Schwab
This is a less-direct ripoff of the MGA television ad, which
also skewers an individual who richly deserves it.
Exterior day. Urban city street. Disheveled BUM stands uncertainly on the
sidewalk, leaning against a wall. Well-dressed INTERVIEWER enters view.
- Pardon me, sir. What do you do for a living?
- (half-coherent) I'm chairman of Commodore International.
Cut to wider shot of INTERVIEWER and BUM. In the foreground stands a
table holding several (three?) objects, each covered with a black cloth.
Attending to these is a stereotypically scantily-clad female ASSISTANT.
- Well, we were hoping you could help us illustrate a point by choosing
the interactive entertainment system you like most.
- (pointing) Um, that one.
- (oblivious) ...Proving you don't need to be an electronics genius to
know our system is best.
- (irritated) That one!
ASSISTANT unveils selected machine.
- (reading slowly through blurred eyes) Three - dee - oh. (muttering to
himself) I've heard of that somewhere...
- Yes, the 3DO Interactive Multiplayer. The most advanced interactive
home entertainment system in the known universe.
- (distantly confused) Don't we compete with you?
- (smugly) Ah, no.
Fade to black.
Copyright © 1996 Leo L. Schwab. All Rights Reserved.
Leo L. Schwab / Digital Spellweaver /